Bishop Anstey Junior School accepts students into Prep 1 on the basis that the applicant must be 4 years old (but not yet 5) by April 30 of the year for entry in September.
Applicants may be accepted into higher classes only if space permits.
It is the policy of the School that all required information must be submitted before an applicant can be considered for admission.
The following forms can be collected from the BAJS security personnel between October 1st and December 15th of the year prior to entry:
Click on the link to download the forms and print them:
- The completed forms listed above MUST be returned to the school by January 31, of the year for which entry is sought in September.
N.B. When applying for entry into a class other than Prep 1, please submit photocopies of the last two term’s school reports.
- During the first week of February, parents will be notified by phone of the date of the interview which will be held on a Saturday in February. Note: On the day of the interview, please provide the original and a copy of the child’s birth certificate and Baptismal Certificate. If born in Trinidad & Tobago, an electronic birth certificate is required.
- At this appointment an independent interview will be conducted with each prospective student by a teacher of the school. Information about BAJS will be shared with parents in a separate concurrent meeting.
- Notification as to the status of the Prep 1 application will be mailed by February 28.
- A non-refundable capital fee of $4,000.00 becomes due within two (2) weeks of acceptance.
- Any queries about the application process should be addressed to the Administrator.
A completed application consists of:
- An application fee – $200.00
- An application form (Parents’ personal data & Child’s personal data) – Completed by parents
- Medical History and Immunization record – Completed by applicant’s doctor
- A Pre-school student assessment - Completed by Principal of the applicant’s present school (This report must be submitted directly from the Pre-school via email OR via the parent in hard copy in a stamped, sealed envelope.)
° Note: On the day of the interview, please provide the original and a copy of the child’s birth certificate and Baptismal Certificate. If born in Trinidad & Tobago, an electronic birth certificate is required.